Author Topic: Lightly modified 2013 Fiat Abarth, class?  (Read 2160 times)

Offline ucfquattroguy

• Justin Cady
    • View Profile
Re: Lightly modified 2013 Fiat Abarth, class?
« Reply #15 on: Fri Jul 31 2015, 9:21 PM »
Bring it as-is and run in DSP. I've got a fairly low-rent DSP car on old street tires. Who knows...might be a fun fight until Travis shows up in the rejuvenated E30.  8)

Offline BobsterS

• Bob Blucher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sat Aug 01 2015, 3:45 PM »
I've been tempted to write in for awhile (I drive the other grey Abarth, with Z2s on the front), but I figured moving down to HS might actually be worse. Month after month of being listed below(and an eternity behind) Robert Palmblad...I'm content to stay in GS, and continue to be psyched when I can stay within a second of the fast cars..

Sorry, there is not moving down classes.  The Abarth cannot run in HS.

Offline CW GTI

• Jason Phillips
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sat Aug 01 2015, 4:34 PM »
Sorry, I'm referring to the possibility of the Abarth being re-classed/"moved down" to HS....I've decided I'm maybe not in favor of it. I've come to terms with having a mid-pack GS car..

Offline ParadoxD

• Administrator
    • Travis Turner
    • View Profile
    • MSCC Official Website
« Reply #18 on: Wed Aug 05 2015, 9:46 AM »
Bring it as-is and run in DSP. I've got a fairly low-rent DSP car on old street tires. Who knows...might be a fun fight until Travis shows up in the rejuvenated E30.  8)

LOL.  All of this doom and gloom Justin!  You forget that you are a better driver than I am.  That's much more important than whatever's under your posterior.  Although you will need decent tires. ;)

I'm a big proponent of "run what you brung".  Make the mods you want for the 353 regular days you drive the car, and just deal with it on the other 12.  :D

1991 BMW 325i (DSP) - 2015 Scion FR-S (CS)

Offline MRSIDEWAYS

• Ian Stewart
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Fri Aug 07 2015, 4:15 PM »
Sorry, there is not moving down classes.  The Abarth cannot run in HS.

Says who? It's got less performance then a Fiesta ST which is in HS. I would encourage all Abarth owners to write into the SCCA asking for a reclass. That poor little fiat doesn't hold a candle to the Volvo back to back and the Volvo Lost to 2 Very well driven Fukus's at Nationals.
I now drive a car that won't get sideways.

Offline CW GTI

• Jason Phillips
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Fri Aug 07 2015, 8:58 PM »
I think he may have thought I was considering just signing up for HS, which I know isn't how it's done. As for the Abarth, it's my understanding that quite a few owners have written in...and I have to keep reminding myself that I'll never be able to make the kind of time/money investment to take autocross seriously enough to join that fight. If they re-class it I'll still likely be out-classed, tire and talent-wise.