Author Topic: Classification help  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Snake bitten

• David Corda
    • View Profile
Classification help
« on: Tue Aug 11 2015, 10:00 PM »
Sold the Viper and now have a 2014 Audi R8, V8.  Can't find the car class for the R8.  Any help?

Offline Snake bitten

• David Corda
    • View Profile
Re: Classification help
« Reply #1 on: Tue Aug 11 2015, 10:01 PM »
R8 completely stock.

Offline ParadoxD

• Administrator
    • Travis Turner
    • View Profile
    • MSCC Official Website
« Reply #2 on: Thu Aug 13 2015, 11:34 AM »
That's a damn good question, David.  The only thing I'm seeing in the rulebook is that it is excluded from stock classing...

1991 BMW 325i (DSP) - 2015 Scion FR-S (CS)

Offline MRSIDEWAYS

• Ian Stewart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thu Aug 13 2015, 1:26 PM »
ASP

That car has been on my list of cars to watch as the prices have been falling like stones. They are "ALMOST" affordable. But last I checked they were pretty similar to used GTR prices. Gary Thomason once told me they were actually really good handling and would make a great autox car. My Buddy bought a V10 one recently and actually didn't like it. Maybe I'll be able to see for myself one day.
I now drive a car that won't get sideways.

Offline GTB/ZR-1

• Global Moderator
    • George Bonafede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thu Aug 13 2015, 5:30 PM »
ASP

That car has been on my list of cars to watch as the prices have been falling like stones. They are "ALMOST" affordable. But last I checked they were pretty similar to used GTR prices. Gary Thomason once told me they were actually really good handling and would make a great autox car. My Buddy bought a V10 one recently and actually didn't like it. Maybe I'll be able to see for myself one day.

I was able to flog @ manual V8 car some years back, several times--and it was probably the best stock car I've ever autox'd. Just sublime @ the limit. Was basically as quick as my SMST4 Evo--at Tavares!

Offline Snake bitten

• David Corda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thu Aug 13 2015, 8:44 PM »
Ian, if I get out there you can give it a spin.  Shooting for the next few months if I can clear my schedule.

Offline kabel

• Kevin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Fri Aug 14 2015, 11:41 PM »
I was able to flog @ manual V8 car some years back, several times--and it was probably the best stock car I've ever autox'd. Just sublime @ the limit. Was basically as quick as my SMST4 Evo--at Tavares!
I remember that day too!