Author Topic: Class Question - E36 M3  (Read 785 times)

Offline CamoSTi

• Tristan S.
    • View Profile
Class Question - E36 M3
« on: Fri Jan 08 2016, 12:17 PM »
1998.5 E36 M3 coupe, with the following mods:

-Stripped interior
-Deleted A/C
-Deleted sunroof
-Removed rear glass
-Wider wheels
-Harness bar and harness
-Aftermarket wheel with no airbag
-Bucket seat

No real power mods except an exhaust, stock intake, etc. No tuning.  What class would this fall into?

Thanks!

Offline ParadoxD

• Administrator
    • Travis Turner
    • View Profile
    • MSCC Official Website
Re: Class Question - E36 M3
« Reply #1 on: Thu Jan 14 2016, 6:13 PM »
Interior removal automatically bumps you to Prepared, however I don't know what not having a rear window would put you in... I'd guess Modified.  The side windows are mentioned in the rulebook but the rear isn't (that I saw, anyway) which would indicate it's not legal for Prepared.

If you have the option, I'd suggest putting the interior and glass back in and running in Street Prepared, as your car would be much better equipped for it.

1991 BMW 325i (DSP) - 2015 Scion FR-S (CS)

Offline moparkarel

• Karel Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sat Jan 30 2016, 11:00 PM »
I'm running XP, there is another guy also running XP with an e-36 M-3 with a gutted interior.  I run a Miata with  supercharger on streets or slicks.  The XP class allows a lot of mods....wings/spoilers/boost but no nitrous!  Hope that helps, there might be a slower class that will be happy that you there, but with taking all the b/s out of your car makes you prepared.........wether you are prepared or not....... Welcome to the club, glad to have. someone with bxxxx!

Offline moparkarel

• Karel Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sat Jan 30 2016, 11:06 PM »
BTW, my son says he will also come out and run in XP and kick my butt, he has an E-36 that runs 13.20's in the 1/4 mile at Bithlo ----no-no-no I'm not giving out secrets, but we'll see if he comes out Valentine's Day !
As far as classing goes, he said his car could go in To F-Modified, but he would rather X-P class to kick my... You know Ax!
« Last Edit: Sat Jan 30 2016, 11:14 PM by moparkarel »