Author Topic: 2016 Mazda 3 classing  (Read 642 times)

Offline Chompchompchompin

• Joshua Thompson
    • View Profile
2016 Mazda 3 classing
« on: Mon Jun 13 2016, 9:39 PM »
My name is Joshua, I'm from Gainesville, and I attended the event in Starke this weekend as a spectator(had to install a motormount on a Trailblazer in the am). I only had the opportunity to speak to Roy in the NA, but the energy was great and the competition quite close considering the array of vehicles on the track(the guy in the lime green Fiesta ST, how is that possible?) I intend to race in your next event, but I'm not sure of classing as this is all new to me. My car is bone stock and will remain so. I've got a '16 Mazda 3 2.0, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Offline SSwartz

• Scott Swartz
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Mazda 3 classing
« Reply #1 on: Tue Jun 14 2016, 6:19 AM »
Welcome aboard to the addictive world of autocross.  I am pretty sure you will be in HS ("H" Street), but you need to verify by going to SCCA.com and find the car classifications.  Your first 3 events will be in the "Novice" class, unless you win Novice, then you will go to the regular classing.  The next event will be in July in Tavares, which you can look up on this site on how to get there if you decide to come. 
« Last Edit: Tue Jun 14 2016, 6:24 AM by SSwartz »

Offline frikjmaser

• Board Member
    • Erik
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Mazda 3 classing
« Reply #2 on: Sat Jun 18 2016, 9:28 PM »
Everything you need to know can be found in one of the MANY links on this page: http://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

Scott is correct tho, you would be in HS once you "graduate" from Novice, welcome aboard!
Erik
2007 Mazda MX-5 in STR (need more wheels and tires please)