Author Topic: Instructors... or semi-instructors?  (Read 308 times)

Offline Ohno ItstheRozzers

• Juney
    • View Profile
Instructors... or semi-instructors?
« on: Mon Apr 10 2017, 4:39 PM »
The last couple of events have had a ton of novices, which is great for the club and the sport! The only little issue is when those novices get out there and get overconfident and lost, causing safety concerns and wasted time for themselves and everyone else. In a perfect world, every novice/first-timer would ask for an instructor on the first go-round and there would be enough instructors to accommodate. Alas, neither are reality.

So, Question: How would one go about becoming an instructor?

Another Question: What are the possibilities of having a "basics instructor"? Not necessarily a full-blown hotshoe, but just an experienced, level-headed, guide to help them through the course on their first run or two? Someone to tell them to keep the power low and work with them on understanding the course. That would free up the really skilled guys for the higher level beginners and allow them to have more breaks as well.

Thoughts? 

Offline ParadoxD

• Administrator
    • Travis Turner
    • View Profile
    • MSCC Official Website
Re: Instructors... or semi-instructors?
« Reply #1 on: Mon Apr 10 2017, 9:33 PM »
Personally, I think that's a fantastic idea Juney.  The board has seen your suggestion and it's under discussion!

1991 BMW 325i (DSP) - 2015 Scion FR-S (CS)

Offline Ohno ItstheRozzers

• Juney
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mon Apr 10 2017, 10:21 PM »
Cool! And thanks!

Offline GTB/ZR-1

• Global Moderator
    • George Bonafede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tue Apr 11 2017, 7:55 PM »
Nice idea, Juney. Some of us did jump in to help poor Chris Wells in the 3rd round, as he was overwhelmed w/ work!

Thankfully, things did slow down a bit, and I believe we rode w/ all who were asking.